Friday, April 5, 2019

Drawing a Jellyfish with Prismacolor Pencils and Watercolor


FINALLY a new video is up on my YouTube channel. In this short speed drawing episode I share some tips for colored pencil and watercolor mixed media, treating wax bloom, and the balance of color theory. I hope you will enjoy it.

Time is one of the major reasons I don't post more videos but equipment is another. I've been using a flimsy tripod, a ten-year-old video camera, and adapters to make a stage mic work with my computer. Somehow, despite the substandard equipment, my channel is approaching 10,000 subscribers so I thank you with all my heart for the ongoing support. You inspire me to make more videos and I have a renewed interest in making this channel the best it can be. For starters, I just ordered a new microphone. My first dozen or so videos have music playing over them and requests were coming in for narration. So many of the same questions were being asked in the comments section that I knew I should address them in the narration. Now, with the fancy new mic, I can do this.

I also created an overhead boom for the video camera I've been using, to give you the best perspective possible of the art as it is being made. I will attempt to shoot the next video on my iPhone because honestly, it probably records with better quality than my video camera does so make sure to subscribe to the channel so you'll know when new content is posted.

Prints of this jelly are available at www.bryancollins.etsy.com

Thank you and God bless,
Bryan

No comments: