Monday, May 23, 2011

Pine Squares Project



Now that we are getting settled in to our new house, a few home improvement projects are starting to take place. The first major upgrade to our house was cutting out a window and turning it into a door. My father and I tackled the endeavor in order to have easy access to the back yard. Once the door was in and trimmed, I had two long pieces of pine left over. One piece was about ten-feet long and one about eight-feet long. Rather than taking them to the landfill I decided to cut them up and turn them into art.

The first project for the upcycled wood is a set of four paintings that measure 3.5"x3.5" square. I cut the squares and sanded each one by hand to smooth out the edges and corners. Afterward, each piece got two coats of gesso. They are now sitting in my studio to dry for the next 24 hours. Stay tuned for more.

God bless,
Bryan A. Collins

www.bacstudio.com
Twitter - @useeverycolor
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bryancollinsart

No comments: