Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pine Squares Project 2



After giving my first four pine squares 24 hours to let the surface gesso dry, I have given each of them a few layers of background color and also painted the sides black. Last night I thought I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to paint on these first four squares. However, as I sat down and stared at them and picked them up one by one waiting for colors to come into my mind I had a completely different idea. I was recently inspired by a text book that I've actually had for a few years and I feel that this first set of painted pine will be a great substrate for the inspiration.

I am not sure if I will post any more pics of these until they are finished, so that I can reveal them all at once, but you never know if I may change my mind.

These pieces are NOT commissioned and will be available when they are complete. Please email bryan@bacstudio.com to inquire.

God bless,
Bryan A. Collins

www.bacstudio.com
Twitter - @useeverycolor
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bryancollinsart

No comments: