Tuesday, January 7, 2020

I'm Writing a Novel


     Like many people I read my first fantasy novel as a pre-teenager. I don't even remember what it was called, I just recall checking it out from the library because the cover art was amazing. I was also (and still am) a huge fan of the movies Willow and The NeverEnding Story and developed a passion for anything unreal. One of my first loves for art came in the form of a Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. I spent countless hours staring at D&D art and knew that I would one day write a book about strange monsters and fantasy lands. I tried more than once and met failure exclusively. Opting for more bite sized writing I put the aspirations of novel creation aside and self published an independent magazine. It was called the Magpie and was a monthly collection of short stories, poetry, and black and white art. Some of the stories were written by me until we had enough submissions to diversify the content.

     Years later I attempted to write a vampire novel which I lost interest in after a few weeks. I made the most progress on a thriller about a man who witnesses a murder but rather than reporting it, writes a novel about it. He ends up plummeting into an introspective battle of guilt and pride. That one literally got lost, as I only saved it on one removable drive and it vanished in a move between apartments. Now, with life having me in a different circumstance, things are lined up in such a way that writing to completion is more possible.

     I am very excited to be writing what will (God willing) become my first completed novel. I am positive about this new journey and I hope you are, too . Book one in this first series is slated to be released in early summer, 2020. Stay up to date by joining the Facebook group HERE. Thank you again for your continued support. Let's start this new decade on the right foot and make 2020 the best year ever.

Bryan A. Collins
Public group · 90 members
Join Group
This is the place to join the discussion on books and short stories by Bryan A. Collins. I’ll be posting teasers for book one and asking for your inpu...


Bryan
bryancollins.etsy.com


No comments: