Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daily Drawing 77



"Sailor" (daily drawing 77) - 5"x7" watercolor, acrylic, and ink on watercolor paper - Available at http://www.etsy.com/listing/94273824/sailor-original-5x7-mixed-media


On this piece I decided to play around with more shading than usual. Even though it's a "daily drawing" and intended to be completed in an hour or less, I've been wanting to learn how to achieve the same contrast and emotion in my quick drawings as I do in full paintings and illustrations taking days or even weeks.

As I train my hand and eye to spot the sections that need more working and develop a responsive instinct for this, I should be able to become more prolific when I get back to larger sized pieces of art.


This illustration is also another idea that I am considering for an upcoming painting to be shown at Art Whino in the near future. This subject is heavily inspired by the fact that I am moving back to Florida in less than two weeks and will reside next to the ocean. After 7 years in the land-locked mountains of Colorado, I am eager to smell the salty sea air again.

To see the selection of available daily drawings, please visit the Daily Drawing Section of my Etsy shop.

God bless,
Bryan

No comments: