Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boy at Playground Sketch



I hang out at a lot of playgrounds now that I am a father of two. To be honest, I don't think I ever really stopped visiting the playground. Who doesn't love to fly forward and back on the swings or cram their adult-sized body through a kid-sized tunnel slide? Anyhow, due to more frequent visits I am becoming inspired by the parks and how it feels sometimes to be too grown up. The kid in this drawing realizes he's not having as much fun as he used to, because now he's expected to be "mature". He's supposed to start thinking about how to make money and give it to the government so he can have health insurance. No more trips to outer space. Something should be done about this.


God bless,
Bryan Allen Collins
www.bryanallencollins.com
Twitter - @useeverycolor
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bryancollinsart

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. The exact thought process that drives me. Hope this turns into a painting one day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Collins said...

Thank you, Marcia. I really hope to paint it someday. It's sitting on the back burner with many others, waiting for me to finish commissions.