Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tiny Little ACEO Drawings





A while back I decided to personally challenge myself with a 'daily drawing' blog. I had seen other artists doing it either within groups challenging each other or just going solo. Fellow Gallery Underground studio mates Oscar Woodruff and Rolfe Bautista were two of them. After just a few short days I realized I would not be able to produce a finished original drawing each day without significantly increasing the amount of time it takes me to complete commissions and custom requests. As some of you know, I create constantly but not quickly. I ended the daily drawing blog and went back to completely focusing on commissions and shows.

The urge to create something without pressure is always in me. A great deal of what I am painting and drawing right now is specifically for someone or for an exhibit, so I sometimes miss drawing with no purpose other than the act of drawing. So, since the daily drawing thing is too large to tackle at the moment, I decided to occasionally make original ACEOs (Art Cards Editions and Originals). They measure 2.5"x3.5" which is standard trading card size. I am numbering them on the back for archiving purposes. They are available through Etsy at www.bryancollins.etsy.com for around $15 each.

These will come out sporadically, but I'd like to try to produce at least one per week. Since they are taking me around two hours to finish, I can't sacrifice that much time too often. They will have no connecting theme, just whatever I'm inspired to make at the moment I make it.

Feel free to send a message if you have any questions about anything. Doesn't even have to be art related. I'm a wealth of strange information.

~Bryan

1 comment:

Omayra Amador said...

I just have to say, tiny drawings like that are so personal, so intimate that when I look at them, I feel connected to the artist who drew them. Just a feeling a I get everytime I look at drawings that small. They are lovely.