Sunday, April 26, 2009

My first ever original memo pad



I've been inspired lately to create items other than traditional paintings and illustrations. I finished painting a vase today, which was sculpted by the talented Erin Mortensen, and it got me thinking about other ways to push my work to the next level. Modofly recently began publishing hardback journals and sketchbooks with two of my paintings as covers, and this project gave me the idea to offer some similar items along side of these.



What you see here is a converted 60 page memo pad that measures 3 inches wide by 4.75 inches high. The cover was made from a piece of salvaged wasabi colored mat board. The illustration is pen and ink. This is the first one, with the second almost finished, and a third to be finished possibly by tomorrow. These will only be available through my Etsy shop, so if you do not have an Etsy account and want to purchase this or another original journal/memo book, email me at art@bryandrinkscoffee.com and I will send you a Paypal invoice. $17 plus shipping/handling.

This piece was very fun to make. I am excited to get the rest finished and posted!

~Bryan

No comments: