Monday, June 12, 2023

The Gleeful Gator finished art

 


The Gleeful Gator is the newest work to come out of Studio Collins. This piece was somewhat experimental, as I used different methods to plan and process the art. The first sketch was drawn much smaller in my sketchbook with a normal #2 pencil. I used a projector to transfer it to an 11x14 canvas, but after spending a couple of hours painting, I put the canvas aside and decided to switch to colored pencil, so I started over with an 11x14 piece of bristol. I spent another hour coloring that, then decided that the juxtaposition would frame better on 11x17, so I started all over with the projector on a new piece of larger bristol and created the final piece you see here.



The sky, water, and bed area below were done in shapes and forms borrowed from my earlier Coffee Girls series, while the flamingo and alligator were colored in ways I've been using more recently. All said and done, The Gleeful Gator has been received very well by you, my collectors, so I plan on creating more animals in similar styles, so if there's a particular animal you'd like to discuss for commission, send an email to bryancollinsart@gmail.com and I'll answer as soon as I can.

The original work is sold, so please consider the print options at useeverycolor.com

God bless,
Bryan

No comments: