Thursday, February 21, 2019

Funky Fish House Art




If you've been following on Instagram the past couple of months then you've seen the progress images of these two Funky Fish paintings as they have rolled out. Being that they are the largest pieces I've made in quite some time, painting them was like trying to catch a giant greased beach ball after playing catch with a golf ball for a few years. I had many moments of feeling overwhelmed. Just when I would see some progress, my eyes would fixate on the vast portions yet to be completed. I questioned many of my choices in color and design, particularly since they were commissions. In a create-on-demand situation I want to be able to read the client's mind, but the best I can do is take my guesses and hope for a winner. In the end both the client and myself were pleased with the outcome.

Both fish have been made with acrylic paint on wood and the finished surface has multiple coats of semi-gloss varnish. The sides of the wood cradle are painted black.




Some of you have already been asking about prints. This is one of those very rare situations where I will not be making prints. There are some Funky Fish prints available in my Etsy shop at www.bryancollins.etsy.com and more Funky Fish originals will be posted there as they are created.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in the comments. I will reply as soon as I can. I'll just need to put my coffee down and get the paint off my hands. Thanks again for your continued support.

Bryan

No comments: