Monday, May 16, 2016

Ariel Is Ready For MegaCon


MegaCon 2016 begins on May 26th and this will be the first time I have 100 square feet since I started doing Mega in 2012. Some of you have said you've had trouble finding me in Artist Alley so hopefully I won't miss any of you with this larger space. My booth number this year is 882 so you can use the map on your program when you get to the convention center.


I just finished this colored pencil drawing of Ariel. Many of you enjoy my non-pop art at comic cons but I like to have some fan based pieces since that's what comic cons are centered on, plus they are just a lot of fun for me to do! This one is Prismacolor Premier pencils on toned tan 8"x10" paper. I didn't use any reference photos so that I was not just replicating a Disney drawing. I actually prefer to draw without references because it gives so much more freedom. I gave her freckles as my own little addition. She is a redhead after all and I'm fond of freckles.


The original drawing is sold but I will have 8"x10" and 5"x7" prints at the show. If you can't attend MegaCon and you are interested in a print, please email me at bryancollinsart@gmail.com

No comments: