Friday, March 7, 2014

RIP Munny stickers

Yesterday marked the 23rd custom Munny sticker in a row of an attempt to make more than 70 and auction them each day on eBay. For more than three weeks I've diligently created a new, hand drawn design on a blank Munny sticker and listed them for opening bids of $1.00 or $5.00 depending on size. I did this in an attempt to get some affordable art out there to anyone who was interested in these Munny stickers but the resulting information has come back that very few of you are interested. Some of the auctions have ended with zero bids and many have ended at just $1.00 and since I'm investing about 1.5 hours on each one plus time to package and ship, that's just not something I can sustain any longer. I'm not sure if it's because people are reluctant to bid on eBay or if the Munny craze is over, but when people are paying more for prints on Etsy than for originals on eBay, it really says something. So, I am canceling the custom Munny sticker challenge and getting back to creating fresh originals from scratch; no blank Munny outline involved.

In other news, tomorrow will be my first appearance in 2014 at Riverside Arts Market in Jacksonville, FL and in two weeks it's Megacon! If you're in Florida I hope to see you at one of these events. God bless!

Bryan

No comments: