Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mid Tone Paper Drawings


Woman in a Tea Cup :: 5"x7" ink and colored pencil on grey paper :: Purchase HERE

I think this mid-toned paper has become my new addiction. It's actually pulled me in so much that I'm getting distracted from commissions, so I will do my best to control the urges. I am not straying from my established style of psychedelic, high energy color, just exploring my roots of ink and using the mid toned paper to study contrast and mood. I'm finding that these ink drawings are giving me a new perspective about how to approach my colorful work.


Dia de los Muertos :: 8"x10" ink and colored pencil on tan paper :: Sold

The Day of the Dead piece revealed some unexpected challenges as I was inking the nose, lips, and cheeks. The decorative makeup needed to have its own contrast, while still portraying the natural form of that part of the face. The challenge was fun and I'm sure I will do more Dia de los Muertos work in the future.


Girl Holding an Anchor :: 5"x7" ink and colored pencil on grey paper :: Sold

I'm hitting Florida hard right now with exhibits so if you are in my state, come see me at one of the shows below.                  

Nov 9, 2014 :: Riverside Arts Market :: Fuller Warren Bridge :: Jacksonville, FL
Nov 23, 2014 :: Riverside Arts Market :: Fuller Warren Bridge :: Jacksonville, FL
Mar 21-23, 2014 ::
 MegaCon :: Orange County Convention Center :: Orlando, FL
Aug 1-3, 2014 ::
 Tampa Bay Comic Con :: Orange County Convention Center :: Orlando, FL


Purchase available art and prints at www.bryancollins.etsy.com

No comments: