Thursday, February 24, 2011

Two New Monsters

As promised, I have been concentrating on 2D pieces again and only working on custom toys when commissioned to do so. I've also been trying to cut back on my time with the Playstation 3 at night, as it was starting to suck up my creativity.

I recently was asked to give a presentation of my art to a local elementary school. They wanted me to demonstrate a painting. With a limited time schedule, I was only able to lay down some basics. I started the piece you see below and after the presentation, took it back to the studio and finished up.


"The Camera Man Said 'Smile'"
7"x9" acrylic on canvas

A couple of days later I wanted to get another monster out of my head so I challenged myself to do something I don't think I've ever done; Start and finish a painting in one session. Even though the panel I chose to work on was only 3.75"x3.75", completing any type of project in a single sitting is very difficult for me. However, despite the challenge, I overcame and created the piece you see below.


"Little Black Star"
3.75"x3.75" acrylic on panel.

Both of these guys are sold, but I have another monster painting in progress. It's a piece that I am trying to work on between commissions so it may be a while before I get it finished but when I do, I will post it on this blog.

Comments welcome!

God bless,

Bryan A. Collins

www.bacstudio.com
Twitter - @useeverycolor
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bryancollinsart

No comments: