Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daddy Didn't Raise No Girly Girl


It has been a very long time since I sat down with my Prismacolors and dove into an illustration. I almost forgot how much I love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. It should be no surprise that I would draw up a cowgirl, considering I just saw the film True Grit and that the band I play drums for is moving toward a western-style rock. Furthermore, I learned how to drive at 8-years-old on my dad's tractor and was taught to shoot pistols and shotguns at about the same age. I come from a long line of hunters (especially being of Apache decent) and was taught that nothing good in life comes easy. This is a concept we have pushed aside with the advancements of technology and the trend of looking to the government for handouts, taken from people who DO work hard. No one likes to think of the possibility that within a matter of moments, any given natural or man-made disaster could turn this planet back into a place where only the strong survive. Government and technology mean nothing to the distorted face of chaos. This illustration is of a lady whose "daddy didn't raise no girly girl".

God bless,

Bryan A. Collins

www.bacstudio.com
Twitter - @useeverycolor
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bryancollinsart

No comments: